UK debt and Irish Court Order ??

jetstream

HELP.

Hi, i need some advice. I have a UK debt which i walk away from as i was unable to meet the payments. I resided in Ireland but have since the moved to the Middle East. My parents called today to say that the received a Court Order for me from the Irish Courts to appear in court within 10 days regarding the UK debt. What do i do as i no longer reside in the court jurisdiction and I am unable to get home for the appearance either. I know i should not have walked away from the debt so i really dont need to be told so. Any advice would be appreciated, many thanks

My father has the same name as me so he thought it was for him. He sent it back to the solicitors and the court explaining this and advising that I have not resided at that address in over 10 years and that i no longer reside in Ireland. No i can not afford to pay the debt and have offered a monthly payment before but was rejected, the sum is now 20k Euro but was originally a UK loan with a UK bank ...... Its 3 years since a payment has been made just for info

Took out the loan in 2007, its a UK loan so how has it gone to an Irish court ? Is there a common agreement within the EU states ? And if i no longer reside in Ireland what exactly can the courts do in this case, i've no assets in Ireland, I dont plan on returning to Ireland due to the current economic conditions as there is no work in my area. Its was an unsecure loan with no guarantor required and they have now transferred the loan into a euro balance for some reason ?? the UK bank was HSBC so what jurisdiction do they have in the Rep of Ireland ?? I dont plan on returning to the UK either as i am an Irish citizen, sorry about all the questions

Back