UK Car Hire with Prepaid Credit Card

senni

Hello

I am travelling to Bristol at Xmas time and was hoping to Hire a car for 5 days using a prepaid credit card ( payzone money mastercard )..I am able to book same on the internet but i am worried about collecting the car for the following reasons ....

1. It is a prepaid credit card ...will they allow these to be used for collection purposes ?

2. My name is actually not printed on same ,a signature is on the reverse

I have a full passport and driving licence but i am worried they will not allow the card !!

Has anyone used a prepaid on a car hire in the UK before ??

As longas you load the card with sufficient money for the hire car company to take a pre-authorisation when you arrive, and have the relevant ID i can't see it being a problem.....

If you get a pay in advance deal, where you pay for the rental up front, using any credit card as the deposit should be OK.

you'd be better off ringing them.

from seeing previous discussions on this over on boards, it seems to be very hit and miss with pre-paid credit cards/or debit cards. some will allow it if you let them take a provisional charge of €500 against the card, others don't want to know at all. others may oblige you to take the full insurance at significant cost.

Prepay cards are not usually accepted , most rental companies treat them the same as a cash rental and impose a very high deposit on collecting the vehicle.
Best to check first to avoid this.

Back