Is this possible for an Irish resident without UK address

Thanks
Noel

Hi there

Im irish based with AIB and need a UK bank account

Is this possible for an Irish resident without UK address

Thanks
Noel

Yes. I have a sterling account in an AIB branch in London . My local Irish AIB branch organized it for me several years ago.

Do you need an actual bank account in the UK or just a £ sterling account? If it's just a £ sterling account AIB can give you one at an Irish branch.

Contact Lloyds bank in the Isle of Man, and open an international Acc using your Irish address. Open a Sterling and Euro Acc. Direct dedit to Sterling and then to Euro.

Contact Lloyds bank in the Isle of Man, and open an international Acc using your Irish address. Open a Sterling and Euro Acc. Direct dedit to Sterling and then to Euro.

Dont think the offshore banks will allow direct dibets.

Dont think the offshore banks will allow direct dibets.

In a bit more detail, how it worked for me, I was over in the UK on a short break, opened an acc with Llyods at one of their branches, while there, they put me in touch with their IoM office who took my Irish address and sent all the paper work there, filled this out, sent it back to Iom, and all correspondence comes from there.

will this sufface as a uk bank account?

i have a uk acc. with ulsterbank, just went over the border and registered no bother, what do you sell on ebay anything cool?