Uk and Irish Limited company.

reddeagle

Hi Guys,

I set up a limited company in the uk just under a year ago. I have been trading for almost a year as a contractor. My end goal is to build up revenue in the company so I can work for my self when I return to Ireland. Out side my current contract I spent a bout a year building an IT product. This weekend I had my first sale in Ireland (this is the market I am targeting).

I need to offer support for the product from Ireland and my brother who also is in IT will be doing this part time.

Ideally I would like to be trading as a Limited Company in Ireland, the customer was curious as to why I was UK limited and felt they were nervous about this, but I explained that I personally wasn’t in Ireland enough days of the year.

My question now is, can I set up a limited company in Ireland and the UK. I would like to hire my brother thru the Irish company and put revenue from sales in Ireland into my Irish company account.

I am in talks with one other customer that is interested in signing up and as working in the UK is temporary for me I would prefer to be building up on the Irish side.

Would be grateful for anyone's thoughts and advice on this one.

Cheers,
Redd

I cant see why this is an issue, I supply the UK (with it support services) from an Irish Limited company without any issue. Is this customer just being fussy?

Reddeagle,

What IT product have you developed?

If your target market is Ireland, I think you should set up an Irish Limited company, this would be beneficial long term to have a local brand and business structure waiting for you here when you got back from UK.

It all depends on how busy the business will get here in Ireland.

contemporary is right, there's no requirement for you to do this, but I think it would simplify things in the medium to long term.

There's no problem to run a UK and an Irish Company.

p