Ufirst dicount on Quinn Healthcare

thespecialon

Hi all,

Quick query - I have a Ufirst account with Ulster Bank..Just reading thourgh its member ' benefits' today and spotted they have an offer of a 10% discount on certain quinn healthcare products -

[broken link removed]

So as I have Essential Plus with Quinn, I rang Ulster Bank Ufirst member services to check for my discount, they then put me through to Quinn Healthcare customer service. Quinn Healthcare didnt seem to know much about it and said they no longer offered any discounts on Health Insurance products??? I told them that Ulster Bank were still advertising the fact they were and had in fact fowarded me onto them...

Am i being pedantic about this but I found it quite annoying and should I just let it lie?

Advice please -

T.

Last edited:
Yeah, pretty sneaky stuff from Quinn Healthcare last year.

See [broken link removed] regarding the various changes they have applied to their plans.

I wonder if the so-called 10% discount from UB uFirst was the bog-standard discount that both VHI and BUPA gave to qualifying people, i.e. Credit Union membership, various employments, etc. etc. I think almost everyone qualified under one guise or another.

If this is so, I would definitely review why you, or anyone, are still a UB uFirst customer, as the benefits are definitely questionable.

But having said that, I would pursue them for something to compensate for this.

"I would definitely review why you, or anyone, are still a UB uFirst customer, as the benefits are definitely questionable."

We have a uFirst account because we get a further 0.2% discount on our tracker mortgage rate with it. Our mortgage is with UB.

I do think, however, that a lot of the other stuff offered with the uFirst account is gimmickry...

Back