Ulster UB staff/ex staff

Ok so just an update no real news yet except to say that I've been told I will have a response from the bank tomorrow 10 further days of a 20 day response timeline (no suprise there). Also I took peoples advice and decided what harm would it be to email Michael McGrath so I have done that yesterday. No response yet but more that know about it the better.
Am sending heaps of positivity to you that the Bank respond with what is fair and just. Michael McGrath will reply he usually take a a couple of days.i have also emailed pearse Doherty this week too...was very impressed with him when the bank weree before the committee a couple of weeks ago. I think your case sounds extrememly positive...while the appeals panel may not have teeth, they have formed an objective view. I have explained my case to a family friend who is a solicitor and they said our cases sound very straight forward and if the bank have no evidence of being clear and transparent than our case is strong..ie it is not enough to sign post people to an internal intranet explaining staff mortgage rules. . Especially when they have left the organisation. As I say everything crossed for you!
Ps I've asked the ombudsman the question of what happens if the bank don't reply within the 20 days they ask them to do so...still waiting on the answer to that!

Am sending heaps of positivity to you that the Bank respond with what is fair and just. Michael McGrath will reply he usually take a a couple of days.i have also emailed pearse Doherty this week too...was very impressed with him when the bank weree before the committee a couple of weeks ago. I think your case sounds extrememly positive...while the appeals panel may not have teeth, they have formed an objective view. I have explained my case to a family friend who is a solicitor and they said our cases sound very straight forward and if the bank have no evidence of being clear and transparent than our case is strong..ie it is not enough to sign post people to an internal intranet explaining staff mortgage rules. . Especially when they have left the organisation. As I say everything crossed for you!
Ps I've asked the ombudsman the question of what happens if the bank don't reply within the 20 days they ask them to do so...still waiting on the answer to that!
Thanks so much. It really is an uphill battle but I have always thought that about the whole intranet thing. They don't have a leg to stand on! Just hoping we have no fight left and will go away. That won't happen dog with a bone! The more they drag their heels the more we will pursue. Not expecting anything tomorrow as in news...they will just keep fobbing us off.

Thanks so much. It really is an uphill battle but I have always thought that about the whole intranet thing. They don't have a leg to stand on! Just hoping we have no fight left and will go away. That won't happen dog with a bone! The more they drag their heels the more we will pursue. Not expecting anything tomorrow as in news...they will just keep fobbing us off.

I was speaking to them today just to ask the process if they are recommending to the bank to act outside their remit as an appeals panel as it were - they were saying it will go to the steering committee in the bank and when it comes back then back to the consumer to accept or reject - if they accept it's a full and final settlement but if they reject the appeals panel issue a letter which would be akin to a final response letter and you can then move on to FSPO/court as you wish

hopefully that won't be necessary for you though and you'll get good news this week or early next - as regards politicians - i've found john mcguinness also v helpful - may take a little time to get back but he's genuinely interested in helping people get sorted

Ok so just an update no real news yet except to say that I've been told I will have a response from the bank tomorrow 10 further days of a 20 day response timeline (no suprise there). Also I took peoples advice and decided what harm would it be to email Michael McGrath so I have done that yesterday. No response yet but more that know about it the better.
Just wondering did you get any response on Friday that you were promised? Thanks

No not yet from the bank...no suprise but Michael McGrath emailed back. He said he would help us and asked could he approach Ub with my case. I said absolutely!

Fantastic news and also Pearse Doherty replied to me on Friday saying he has his team looking at my case and also this thread!
It would be fantastic to get this resolved gone on long enough. I have sent Michael McGrath letter we received from panel adjudicating in our favour in March. It cannot be denied the bank needs to step up and do the right thing here. Not for themselves for their customers. They have a moral obligation.

It would be fantastic to get this resolved gone on long enough. I have sent Michael McGrath letter we received from panel adjudicating in our favour in March. It cannot be denied the bank needs to step up and do the right thing here. Not for themselves for their customers. They have a moral obligation.
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything or has any updates?

Hi @Chazza80 I am now waiting first response from bank to ombudsman it is due the end of the month. I know full well the bank will not be able to prove many of the FSPos questions or source paperwork because they didn't exist!!
Oh do please keep us informed. Told today I may have response from bank tomorrow. I am not hopeful it will be anything other than dodging the facts on the banks part. Here's hoping that some shred of decency still exists within the realm of UB.

Oh do please keep us informed. Told today I may have response from bank tomorrow. I am not hopeful it will be anything other than dodging the facts on the banks part. Here's hoping that some shred of decency still exists within the realm of UB.
Positive vibes all the way, here's hoping that the fair and just outcome happens for us not only loyal customers of the bank but us that also gave them our loyal service too

Well any update today as promised?

So today we got word. Bank has responded adter waiting for response since 25th April however we have to wait to get it in writing. Monday or Tuesday we will receive its going to be a long weekend!

So today we got word. Bank has responded adter waiting for response since 25th April however we have to wait to get it in writing. Monday or Tuesday we will receive its going to be a long weekend!
This is in response to the appeal isn't it? So it's how they have responded to appeals panel yes? Terrible to tell you that news on a Friday And no indication of what it is!

This is in response to the appeal isn't it? So it's how they have responded to appeals panel yes? Terrible to tell you that news on a Friday And no indication of what it is!
I know we are gutted wont even give an indication! Torture ridiculous as we have to clear security questions before we even talk. This is a response been waiting for from bank with regard to questions from bdo why bank refuse to acknowledge the staff sub account.

I know we are gutted wont even give an indication! Torture ridiculous as we have to clear security questions before we even talk. This is a response been waiting for from bank with regard to questions from bdo why bank refuse to acknowledge the staff sub account.
Its very torturous how they think this is ok to be an acceptable way to treat customers let alone former staff!
The mind boggles! Let's stay positive and hopeful.. the outcome of your case will be indicative to the rest of us so we are all behind you!

Hi @Chazza80 Just wondering did you receive the news you'd hoped for?

Back