UB Mastercard - increase credit limit for online purchase?

The Ghoul

I would like to buy something online that costs around 6000 but my Ulster Bank Mastercard credit limit is around 3000. What's the best way to do this?

1) Ask for an increase in credit limit. Is it likely that this will be granted? I have my credit card for 9 years and pay it off in full every month (direct debit from my current account) and have more than enough cash in my current account to pay a CC bill of 6000

2) Lodge 3000 into my CC account so that it is in credit. That, plus my 3000 credit limit = 6000.

I favour method 1) because I think it is safer in the event of fraud, am I correct on this?

I would like to buy something online that costs around 6000 but my Ulster Bank Mastercard credit limit is around 3000. What's the best way to do this?

1) Ask for an increase in credit limit. Is it likely that this will be granted? I have my credit card for 9 years and pay it off in full every month (direct debit from my current account) and have more than enough cash in my current account to pay a CC bill of 6000

2) Lodge 3000 into my CC account so that it is in credit. That, plus my 3000 credit limit = 6000.

I favour method 1) because I think it is safer in the event of fraud, am I correct on this?

1) No one here can tell you for certain
2) Yes, you can do that.

The likelyhood of fraud between you lodging cash and making your purchase in scenario 2 seems quite low

The problem is that if the 6K turns out to be a fraudulent transaction you will probably lose your 3K.

Are you sure that it is a legit transaction.

Back