Tyres - How much are they?

Slim

I need a few 215x60x16 tyres.

What sort of prices can you get these for and where? Fitted price please?

Slim

I cant believe after 714 posts you have come up with such a vague one. It made me smile as I saw your board name. We really need, make model version of car, how many is a few?? And if you say the existing make of tyre that is also a good guide. And your location would help.

here is a good link

://www.micksgarage.ie/tyres_quotation.aspx?gclid=CJX05vrYj6cCFUod4QodQCTQdA

noah

For the last set of 4 tyres I got (Dunlop), Advance wanted €140 per tyre, I could have got then on the web, delivered for €100 each (another €10 to have them fitter) but ultimately I got the same types supplied and fitted locally (back lane) for €85 per type for the exact same make/model.

I don't get your post. What difference does the type of car make? A few is 2/3 or 4. I am not buying in bulk.

Anyway - I got two fitted in NI for stg£140. Thanks all. Slim

Just a follow-up email to recommend that people shop around and haggle for tyre prices. I check online for prices and the best I found was €108 per tyre for Bridgestone Turanza 205/60/16 which was my baseline (fitting would be extra).

Ringing around locally I managed to get €105 per tyre fitted including balancing and tracking but this was matched on a call back from Fastfit who dropped their original price of €145 per tyre to €105 per tyre. So there's obviously a decent mark-up on brand name tyres so its worth shopping around and haggling.

For any tyre suppliers/owners out there (or any product/service providers for that matter), I had two companies matching for price on a €420 sale and I decided to go with the guy who was very helpful over the phone rather than the guy who moaned at how busy he was and the fact that he would have to work through his lunch hour if I booked my car in. I obliged him and didn't....not sure that his boss/owner would be too happy!!!!