Typical Secretarial Fee For Single Director Company

trajan

Under the new Companies Act, single director (and single member) ltd companies may exist.
But such entities must have a separate company secretary.
After incorporation, the main function of a company secretary is to submit the annual returns.
There may be occasional other documents submitted during the year, e.g. change of address, change to capital, etc. by the secretary. But overall his/her duties are light.
So, what is the normal annual fee for a secretary of a single director/member ltd company ?

I would say a typical service provided by a solicitor to handle annual returns and provide a company secretarial service would cost anything at least €500 plus vat per company per annum.

So, what is the normal annual fee for a secretary of a single director/member ltd company ?
There's a big difference in the services available.
You could get a bureau to be named secretary, but you do all the work. Few hundred quid.
To them submitting any paperwork and doing the job properly. About a grand, plus an hourly rate for any extra work they do beyond what you've agreed.

Talk to your accountant to see if they can recommend anyone.

You could do it yourself through the CORE system provided by the CRO. Especially if you envisage not much movement in share capital, directors or secretary details.
That's what I would do.

I see. I'm on CORE already for economic reasons. A very efficient process. But I expect that the signing off on the CORE return would of course have to be done by another person over 18 and "knowing what they were doing" ?

Yes agreed has to be signed by a company secretary. So when I mean can you do it yourself it would be far cheaper on you if you could find someone in your family who would act as secretary and you submit the necessary firms yourself, perhaps your solicitor would act as secretary for a small fee but you do the paperwork returns.

Back