Two hours in airport before flight?

johnd

I am booking a Ryanir flight and departure time is 6.50am. Is it really necessary to be in the airport at 4.5oam. Flight is from Dublin airport.

Not necessary to be there two hours before but that time of the morning is busy in the airport. If you have no luggage and have checked in online, an hour before the flight should be plenty. The recent developments in the airport have resulted in some of the gates being quite far away from the security check area so I would recommend checking the gate as you would need to allow 20 minutes to get to some of the gates.

That is the busiest time of the airport. I get the 6.50 to Brussels quite often and whereas you can do it in less than 2 hours it's tight.

Especially travelling Ryanair I would stick with the recommended timelines

Flying out of Shannon every two weeks and having checked-in on line I find one hour plenty.

If you are checking in online, the gates normally close 40minutes before the flight is meant to leave. 45 to 60 minutes is plenty time if you are not checking in luggage.

The Ryanair gate in Dublin for Birmingham is so far away that you need a packed lunch.