Two different policies but can company link them

Hen

I have two insurance policies with an insurance company one household and one business. Initially I could not get a business quote if I did not agree to also do my household insurance with them. Now my renewal for the household is too dear and I only want to renew the business one. If I refuse to renew the household with this company can they withdraw the business offer or quote me a higher figure.

probably not. However, make sure that you do not have any gap in cover. At present, for example, your Public Liability covers personal visitors and busines visitors. There will be no dispute between insurers as to whether the injured party was a business visitor or a personal visitor. It might be safer to remain and have all insurances with the one insurer.

Also, your new house insurer might load the policy if you are conducting a business.

Probably.
Why not see if you can get alternative quotes from other Insurers or Brokers.
Are you in a class of business that Insurers consider a poor risk?

The house is separate from the business, both have their own separate entrances.

That seems to be a pretty onerous condition. What type of business are you involved in? Many standard house insurance policies can be extended to include a home office for example. Unless your business is particulary hard to cover, your company should be snapping your hand off for the business as there is a lot of competition out there these days for home & commercial insurance.

Back