TV3 Newsreport: Cork Taxi "Union" does not allow Non National Taxi Drivers.

Re: Non National Taxi Drivers

Lex, did you ever get into the cab with that guy? We call him Elvis, I think that's what everyone calls him. A right sickening.....

Lex, did you ever get into the cab with that guy? We call him Elvis, I think that's what everyone calls him. A right sickening.....

Never, Baldyman. And I don't think I ever saw him before but the Elvis connection is obvious.

I hope that all our AAM Brethern and Sisterhood don't think we all look like, and go on like that, here in Utopia.

Wonderful idea! Is there anybody viewing who can advise on how to do it? Or who would do it? It'd be a shame to lose it.
Have posted on AAM to ask if I can do it..Ill do it if its legal,but there may be an issue around the fact that its not my footage.wonder would Tv3 give me permission..

Thread open again... Fair play!

This is the link to the interview. Hope it's ok to post it here.

[broken link removed]

Thread open again... Fair play!

This is the link to the interview. Hope it's ok to post it here.

[broken link removed]

Im just raging that I cant hear it!! (sound gone on computer )

I did hear it this morning on newstalk and Im glad Ive no sound now!!

That being said ,try looking at it with no sound,its
hilarious,watching Elvis/ Alvin Stardust

No this is Rasim

[broken link removed]

I do apologize to Rasim for comparing him to the action of some people in Cork.

Note to self, ensure spell checking.

Okay, so I watched the extended version here.

That one guy (2nd person) seriously blamed the coloured guys for the problems and said that there are not proper background checks done on them but on the white they do.

Seriously, were the hell are the law enforcement people dealing with this outrages racism.

Oh yes, dragging painters into interviews or confiscating e-mails at radio stations.

Last edited:

It's "outrageous"...

3/10

So what do we learn, I can’t become a taxi driver in Cork because I can’t spell?

Or maybe I can get FÁS to pay an English course for me because I feel that I can’t bring my point over in AAM? Surely they must have a budget for that.

Or maybe switch the spell check to English (Ireland)?

DublinTexas;840415 [FONT=Arial said:
Or maybe switch the spell check to English (Ireland)?[/FONT]
Yea, and go easy on the big writing (or get new glasses).

This may sound like I'm taking sides or that I'm racist, I'm not. My father owns his own taxi and works in Cork. He detests the clique of taxi drivers that are in there, is affiliated to no base (just picks up off the street and has his regular customers) and generally keeps himself to himself and has nothing to do with those other (insert preferred derogatory expletive) - his views, not necessarily mine. However, he checked up (I don't know how, I'm only relying on what he tells me) about two years ago how many coloured drivers there were in Cork and reckoned that there were a lot more who were actually driving taxis, that there were more than one working off each licence.

I don't support the stance taken by the taxi unions, especially their racist exclusions. Just giving another side to the story, though it is hearsay.

The interviewer did just that and the union guy, said non nationals cannot join the union!! The interviewer asked ,if that could possibly be legal and the union man said,it depends how its interpreted..
They probably view anyone not from Cork as a non-national.