TV3 CL Coverage

IrishGunner

Sick of them always showing the Bucaneers games so emailed them

Can you let me know if TV3 will be showing the Sparta Prague v Arsenal game live
on Tuesday 18th October?

If not can you let me know why ?

It seems to be that every time Manchester United are on you show these games and
the same game is on your sister company ITV, going by previous showings ?

On the 18th Oct Manchester United are on the same day so will the same
game be on TV3 as well as ITV ?

There maybe higher viewing figures for Manchester United games but I would hope this
would not impair your judgement on what games are shown?

Can you let me know when you can

And their response, including spelling errors

In reply to yours and that of many of your fellow 'Dublin Arsenal supporters club' query ,
TV3 endeavours to rotate match fixtures as much as possible to satisfy all of our viewers, however for many reasons including Sponsership and legal requirements certain match nights are compulsory for broadcast.
TV3 will screen the 'Man Utd. v Lille Metropole' game live on the 18th October.
However, we will screen complete deferred coverage, including match analysis of the 'AC Sparta Prague v Arsenal F.C.' game, post our late news bulletin.
Thank you for taking the time to contact TV3 , your feedback is genuinely appreciated.
Kind Regards.

So I retorted with
What Legal requirements are you referring to ?? There is none that I am aware of ?

It seems to be the case, and I am not alone in thinking this even with Liverpool & Chelsea fans, that as a % of coverage TV3 shows more United Games than any other team

Is it a case that with Granada been the major 'shareholder' in TV3 that you have to show United games??

Can you please let me know

To be continued

They make me sick-the way the deferred coverage includes pre-match analysis!!!!!! The feckin coverage goes on until well after midnight.

And the way that if they are showing anyone other than MUFC, the highlight of the coverage is the chance to win a trip to the Glazer Bowl to see the home team take on some shower of no hopers from the side of a mountain in Slovenia/Hungary/Switzerland.

In fairness (I say this as a Chelski fan), I would say there are far more Team Manchester and Real Liverpool fans in Ireland (than Gooners such as your good self), and hence TV3 are probably trying to appeal to the masses (as opposed to showing meaningful matches......)

Well i'm kinda impressed you actually got a response... I've found many companies can't be bothered, try emailing Vodafone someday...

it was great though to hear that ejeet demsey on the breakfast show saying he couldnt find the chelsea game on the sky the night before, and how he kept up with the score via his phone. and listeners texted him with the info that it was on utv. not the first thing the effin ejeet missed either.

try emailing Vodafone someday
To get a reply from vodafone if pist off with them...

There a list of directors on their website. When mailing support for 4th-5th time without any joy, cc the directors names in your grievance mail with a .ie,.co.uk and .com suffix to make sure your mail gets to them. Use lots of words that show how annoyed you are and how bad youre finding their service. I did this once. Good things happened. ;)

More man united on the box I say. :p

Back