TV switching from AV to TV mode

Happy Girl

Just had freetoair installed. Delighted with picture quality etc except for one little thing. When I switch box on I put tv on AV to view. The TV is constantly switching from AV back to TV mode. While it only means having to switch back again with TV remote to AV it's aggravating. Our installer couldn't find a reason why it was doing this. Any ideas?

Just had freetoair installed. Delighted with picture quality etc except for one little thing. When I switch box on I put tv on AV to view. The TV is constantly switching from AV back to TV mode. While it only means having to switch back again with TV remote to AV it's aggravating. Our installer couldn't find a reason why it was doing this. Any ideas?

do you have two scart connections going into your tv? Do you turn on everything at the same time? Maybe when you turn on initially the fta box scart is getting the connection and then after a while something else comes on a little slower and grabs it? When we turn on our TV we can watch the free digital rte channels and then to watch the fta uk channels we turn on our fta box and the picture automatically goes to AV1, then we turn on DVD and it automatically goes to AV2...they're all scart connected.

Back