TV/Sky set-up

cloughy

I am thinking of moving from NTL to Sky and was wondering what way to set it all up to minimise cabling, allow viewing in multiple roomes etc.

Bascially I have NTL coming into attic and then signal is split to about 6 TV points in the house, and have NTL digital box in sitting room.

What ideally I would want is to be able to Get Sky in at least two rooms, with ability to watch different programs and then get a magic eye for one TV to use on another as at present only 2 TV's really used, but with children they want CBBIES whereas I want sport.

also not all TV wil lbe near phone points.

What I was thinking was whether it is possible for the following options:

Option 1 get Sky dish to go to attic and then feed from here to the TV, may need more than one Sky box in attic and feed these into the phone point also in the attic (dont think this is a runner)

Option 2 get Sky dish, get remote phone extension points, plug the main one into phone socket and the remote receivers besides TV, and plug Sky box to this get Multi-room, and do same for that TV with teh remote phone socket receiver, and put a magic eye on this TV so that can view content on another TV, or repear again for 3rd TV, but that would require Sky and 2 payments for multi-room and 2 box's (think this would work, but would be grateful for opinions)

Option 3 get Sky disk, install phone extension socket maybe 4 sockets, link all the boxes to this extension and tehn from each box use magic eye to transmit to the relevant TV's. (this would mean that all box's could be out of the way and housed in a unit, no need for multiple wireless phone extension kits, but need extra magic eye kits).

Anyone have any ideas/opionions - done something similiar or contact details, afraid if I call out Sky all I'll get is wires everywhere and would like to know the options in advance, and discuss pro's/cons of each possibility.

Thanks in advance.

For every room you will need a sky box unless you don't mind watching whatever the other persons watching, instead of running cables you can get wireless av transmitters which you can pop into the back of your sky box and tele.No cables then. But for ease of multiroom viewing i'd stick with Ntl.

thanks Packard for the prompt reply, just wondering what the advantage of NTL is for multi-room viewing ? am inclined towards the wireless phone jacket and magic-eye to get on 3rd TV, as unlikely to be viewing 3 different TV's, but would welcome why NTL is better than Sky for multi-rrom.

Onter comments on how to configre most welcome.l

Well for every room you are going to need an extra lnb from your dish, and theres only so many you can use there.With ntl its just the one cable you have coming in and you can distribute the rest to any room then, just pick up a few box's from ebay and your laughing.i used to have ntl but when i moved i was stuck with sky as ntl cannot be received where i live now, and if i hada choice i'd go ntl. It does everything sky does now anyway, you can get the recording function on it now too.

packard,

if I already have the NTL cable coming into attic and then distributed from there to many TV points, can I not have the lnb from the dish to this junction box, which would feed to TV point in the relevant room and link the Sky box to this, is this too simplistic ? or am I missing something like the cable from the dish has to go to the box ? dont want any visable wires if I can help it,