Tv sender question

elefantfresh

Quick question - how do these things work? Can i watch a different station on the other telly or do you have to watch whats on the main Tv?
thanks in advance.

You just plug 'em in to the back of each tv - one sender & one receiver.

Can only show same channel on both. Can extend the remote to use from the second tv.

If you have Sky - you can plug the "sender" into the sky box and "send" the sky channel to the other TV while watching the "arial" channels on the main TV.
The signal on the one we have (cheap one from Lidl!) is pretty poor and easily disturbed even by people walking around. We don't bother with it anymore.

thanks guys - pity you can't watch a different station - i have the usual NTL set up through the cable - is there no way of watching a different station in another room without running cables and boosters etc?

Its part of the video sender setup. The infra red remote signal is carried as well as the video..

Sid is this only on certain video sender models. The Philips one we have sends a good quality picture upstairs but although we bought a second Sky remote for the bedroom it does not seem to be able to control the box downstairs. All we can see is a blinking light on the receiver box on top of the upstais box but it does not seem to relay that downstairs.

Any suggestions??

Its quite possible that not all of them have it. The one I had did. I havnt used it for a couple of years but if my memory serves me, I think it comes in the form of a seperate cable thats attached to the sender unit - the other end needs to either dangle in front of the IR port of the TV/be within a close proximity to it..or something to that effect.

Not all video senders have a "back channel" for the TV remote (e.g. so that you can point the remote at the receiving device to control the sending device - e.g. using the remote upstairs to control the TV or VCR downstairs).