TV repair

M

mmclo

Are there still TV repair people in existence, anybody recommend one? Picture has died on set but everything else O.K., black TV - purchased '96

You know yourself it will cost more for repair than replacment....

repair

Good pace in rathfarnham village I got 28 inch tv fixed there good price, also later went to get kids 14 portable fixed and he said better to buy a new one which I thought was good as he was not just after the money so I did bu new tv

Are there still TV repair people in existence, anybody recommend one? Picture has died on set but everything else O.K., black TV - purchased '96

Try [broken link removed]

I have personally used TV MD in Glasthule (on the last page of the above list):

TV MD Dun Laoghaire
2 Adelaide rd, Glasthule Dun Laoghaire
(01) 2808710

They did the job and didn't rip me off too badly.

You pay a deposit - used to be £50 to look at it, and I think this comes the final fee.

You will have to weigh up the deposit and eventual cost of repair with the fact that a new TV can be had for a few hundred "yoyos" and will come with a new manufacturer's warranty...

I recently used A.B.T.V. Services in Perrystown, Dublin 12, Phone 4503380. They were efficient, friendly and reasonable. They gave a free of charge estimate and proceeded with the work after approval of cost. They do TVs, Videos and DVDs.

I’d recommend Campbell TV, 161 Lr Kimmage Rd (tel: 492 2865). He recently replaced the IC painter card on my Philips widescreen for 150 euro. Good, fast and friendly service.
(see this topic:

I'm afraid my experience with campbell tv was quite poor. Took 6 weeks to get tv back. Was told every monday to ring back on friday to see if it had been repaired. I'd ring on fri and would get another story. Eventually got tv back and it worked for a couple of months and then started acting up again. Life is short lads. Just buy a new one is my advice.