TV Reception in Cavan

tosullivan

does anyone know what I could expect to receive on a TV up near Bailieborough in Cavan through an aerial?

I expect I'll get the Irish channels, but does anyone think its possible to pick up any of the English channels through an aerial or some sort of freeview receiver?

I drove down from the North the other day and I was able to pick up the English Radio BBC channels in southern Cavan, so maybe the signals are strong enough to go that far south.

I was in Flemmings of Monaghan last year and they were selling digital free view boxes, there must be a market for them. The bst thing woukd be to call into a local electrical retailer etc or look for a local tv guy. I would imagine u would be able to get terrestrial uk tv there unless u are in a valley or some such. Digital tv, freeview would be a better option giving more choice and I do know of somebody in Cavan thet gets it, just don't know their exact location.

cheers pat, I'll ask one of the neighbours what they use as its in a valley with a few hills around

Everyone I know in Co. Cavan is able to pick up BBC1 & 2, UTV and C4 with a conventional aerial.

does anyone know what I could expect to receive on a TV up near Bailieborough in Cavan through an aerial?

I expect I'll get the Irish channels, but does anyone think its possible to pick up any of the English channels through an aerial or some sort of freeview receiver?

I drove down from the North the other day and I was able to pick up the English Radio BBC channels in southern Cavan, so maybe the signals are strong enough to go that far south.

The UK channels are broadcast from Enniskillen and you should have no problem. You may require a masthead amplifier and the correct-band aerial but it will not be a problem. Installed aerial should cost in the region of e200 (for Irish and UK stations)

I live in Kingscourt (8 miles away) and with a larger aerial (nothing special) you can pick up all the UK channels (except Channel5). I also live in a valley with several hills around and the reception is still fine.

Back