TV Programme treatment of issues

papervalue

Just want to make a short point about 2 programmes

Fair City

I felt that the medium story line was extremely poorly portrayed. It only showed the poor side of it. Last night scene had a bit of research in it but the trance part would have gone over a lot of people heads, they might not have realised it happened.

Fair city should have shown a even debate of both sides of mediumship. it only went with side of all mediums are ripping people off.

They should not have gone near mediumship issue if they did not have a proper understanding of how i works.

Home and Away

must be the most scary programme on tv. summer bay most be most violent place on earth with amount of people killed their over the years. they cant drive and have 90% chance of crashing on way to abbey creek. practical no one can handle drink. do not go camping you get lost kidnapped, storm, fall into a whole. go on a plane good chance of crash etc

Last night scene had a bit of research in it but the trance part would have gone over a lot of people heads, they might not have realised it happened.

I think it was fairly obvious to anyone what was being portrayed here.

They should not have gone near mediumship issue if they did not have a proper understanding of how i works.

It's a debatable issue whether there's actually any truth in it and that's what was being shown, believers versus non-believers etc.

Since when do we look to soaps for realistic portrayals of anything?

Whether or not "mediumship" is accurately portrayed would be less important to me (and to many I would guess) than almost any subject I can think of to be honest.

You know your tv has this button on it to switch it off, or turn it to a different channel. No one watches soaps because they portray real life. People just watch them to switch off for a while.

I suggest you start watching other programs and leave Fair City and H&A well alone.