tv prices after world cup

some1gr8

Hiii
i am thinking of buying 37-42 inch lcd, would it be better to wait untill the world cup is over,

is it really possible to do price negotiation in powercity if you are buying PS3 and tv stand with it as well....

I'd wait as you might get a better deal....I'm waiting also as Sky might have a better offer later.

Why would Sky matter is the World Cup not free to air i.e. BBC/RTE/UTV covering it?

A lot of the component costs, patent royalties and distributor costs of TV's are based on USD , Yen and STG even though they may be assembled in E Europe. These will increase as the Euro weakens.
I reckon TVs and all electronic equipment will increase substantially when current stocks run out.

i don't know about the world cup effect.. but when I bought an expensive 37" tv, a stand, a ps3 and a couple of cheapo cables (2x hdmi cables for €15) in harvey norman.

They gave a huge discount on the stand (it was effectively free), and a good discount on the tv. They could not give a discount on the ps3 because it was essentially fixed price, so processed a further discount on the tv.

I took with me a copy of a "deal" I was supposedly interested in in Currys. I didn't like currys. their stands were out of stock, and they tried to flog me a €65 gold plated hdmi cable and €50 gold scart lead - but as part of their deal giving me a discount of €10 on each.

As someone who recently bought a Sony 37" after years of hanging out with the old CRT, I have to say that you'll not get any lower prices than around at the minute.

They are rock bottom.

But I put a lot of that down to 3D and LED TV as much as the WC2010. The manufacturers have made millions of TVs which they think might not be in demand as people now look at 3D TVs and wonder if its worth holding out. Personally I say forget about it. They will not catch on in the mainstream.