TV options Ratoath

AKA

What are the options to get something more than the 4 Irish TV channels in Ratoath?

Don't know if I want to go down the Sky route. Don't have digital at moment only NTL and am happy with that. Is NTL cable available in Ratoath? Someone mentioned a big aerial €350 or a Lidl/Aldi 'free view' box for €80 (might be additional cost of dish)

I'd be happy with few more of the English channels BBC etc. but not too fussed with any other channels to start off initially.

Moving in shortly...so getting phone line, tv, broadband (hopefully) set up so open to any combo packages.

Any thoughts welcome.

Thanks.

I live there and have NTL . Am happy with the service, they installed it within a week, hook everything up and costs almost 40E per two months, I have the option to swtiching on Key movies/sports packages, but cant be bothered really. They install an aerial on the chimney as they dont have the ground network. Excellent reception and good customer service for the couple of times we lost the signal

Im with stobear. recently moved to ashbourne and got ntl aerial with basic digital package. Service is excellent, havent had a drop in the 2 months since getting it.
One thing they dont tell you though is you cant get teletext on it.
I was told only other option was chorus cable but the neighbours told me it dropped regularly which swung me to ntl.

There was me being a smartarse and tried to tune into RTE1 or 2 bypassing the decoder (assuming those signals would not be scrambled) and then I would have to change channel to get teletext, but no luck.

I enquired with Chorus and they said they didnt cover that area at the time, but have since heard of a merger between

Great thanks for the info.
So that's what the neighbour's aerials are for. Will check it out.

Just thinking though...What's the chance of getting an aerial if you don't have a chimney though. I'm in a 2 bed mid terrace.

Back