Tv on standby

dariuscork

Just wondering what is best for 48 inch samsung lcd tv to leave it on standby{with blue signal light on all the time}or to plug it out at night time,it cost me a heap of money and I want to prolong it's life.Thanks.

IMO from a common sense view , its best to switch off when not in use ......to conserve energy of course , ............

Just like your car .........its recommended that if you expect to be stationary for more than 30 seconds you switch off the engine ............

I suppose if your TV in inactive for more than 30 minutes you should switch off fully .

There is train of though that most compnent damges due to thermal shock on initial power up.

There is a light bulb in a firestation in tha states that still burns after several decades because it has never been turned off.

Obviuosly swithing off at the socket is the best move though.

we put a playsonic 32" on wall in kitchen, after it was up we went to turn it off, no on/off button, popped back into the shop to ask about it and shop manager gave a bit of a laugh and said of course theres an on/off button. There wasn't so now we have to reach in behind the tv to turn it off as I wouldn't leave anything powered on/in standby for the reasons of overheating/fire and waste of power.

Sandals
You should buy a set of remote control socket sets for €20 (for 3)in argos.
simply plug one into your socket, one into your light or other socket and off you go
Just hit the remote control supplied and the socket turns off - hit it again to turn socket and appliance on
Saves all that bending

Back