TV Extension Cables

fla

Hi, I hope someone can help me. I moved my tv from one side of the room to the other (10 feet) and bought a coxial cable as the tv box is on the other side of the room and attached cable does not stretch that far. For the life of me, I cannot get my tv channels back. Just to clarify, I have a UPC box and it's digital tv and all the wires are hooked in properly. Has anyone had any similar problems? Also I've been advised that ithere are different coxial cables which are suited for analog or digital. I'd appreciate any advice (for what I thought was a simple enough job ) ).

Many thanks

Perhaps the cable is faulty.

As far as I know you can different quality Coax, better shielded etc. But there is no difference between analog and digitial. I could be wrong though.

The connections can be different. The usual format is a male/frmale plug connector. When ntl cabled in my digital connection, they used a connector that requires a small spanner to tighten.

Regardless, it sems that your cable needs to be replaced. Somewhere like Power City would supply cables with moulded connectors. Somewhere like Woodies would supply longer lengths of cable, but you'd have to fit your own connectors - easy job.

That NTL connector is a right pain.

I noticed a big difference in quality between some cables and other ones.