TV/DVD combi question

Gatherer

I've just got the 14" Hitachi TV/DVD from the Argos catalogue. When I load a DVD it says it's loading, makes loading noises and then says 'no disc'. I've tried many different discs and made sure that it is set to Pal and also tried it on Multi but it still can't detect a disc. Can someone please put me right? Thomas the Tank Engine is urgently needed.

Sounds like you got a bad one out of the box. Argos are very good with returns, just switch it for that works. (I assume you kept the receipt)...

Thanks TallPaul- I may well have to do that and have the box/receipts etc. Will wait a day or two just in case there's someone on AAM who might know something I haven't done that I should have done... Any thoughts people?

Stupid question. Did you put the DVD in the correct way around. I have heard stories of people returning TV/DVD combos, only to be told that they had put the disc in the wrong way around!

ahem; by wrong way round, do you mean back to front or upside down? ( assuming it can't be inside out )

Back