TV cabling

TarfHead

I have ntl digital and wish to move the TV & digibox to the other side of the room. To facilitate this, I need to obtain a longer length of the cable running from the ntl box on the wall to the ntl splitter. The connections are not, from my experience, standard, i.e. you need a small spanner to loosen/tighten. I believe the cable itself is standard coax - it's the connections that are different.

2 questions ..
- is this type of cabling easy to buy, e.g. Power City, Peats, Maplins ?
- does the signal quality deteriorate over a longer length of cable ?

I have phoned ntl about this but, surprise surprise, believe the person did not know what they were talking about.

If the signal quality does deteriorate over a longer length of cable, then I'll pay for ntl to come out to move the box on the wall.

The cable is most likely standard 75 Ohm co-ax. Are the connectors like this? Any decent TV/electronics store should be able to sort you out.

Did the same thing a few weeks ago bought the stuff I needed in Maplins.
You can either buy a longer cable or extend what you have which is what I did -Maplins have the appropriate connector for joining the 2 cables.
There is absolutely no loss of signal on mine.

ClubMan said:
The cable is most likely standard 75 Ohm co-ax. Are the connectors like this? Any decent TV/electronics store should be able to sort you out.

That's the one - thanks for the responses.

Can u use the box for cable modem (broadband) the same way and switch between them, this would be usefulas could extend cable in to bedroom using upstairs broadband box

Back