turntable

O

oswaldcobble

hi im looking for a good entry level turntable to start my vinyl collection with. the type of turntable i have in mind is the Music Hall MMF 2.1 or the Rega P2. the problem is i cant find these on sale in ireland and the shipping to here really adds to the cost. If there are any audiophiles or people who know anything about turntables please help! Any advice will be very welcome!
thanks
james

an awful pity I didn't see this some months back,I practically threw out a Planar2 before going on ebay-ebay might be worth a try.I'm not sure if Richer Sounds are still in Dublin but their web seems to indicate a mail order service from NIreland...no Rega but I see a nice NAD on line...

There are plenty of UK HiFi shops that ship to Ireland btw

Hope you get sorted out......

thanks for your reply! i have been lookin at ebay for a while and its hard to find a good one for a decent price. as for uk sites have you any that you recommend? thanks for tellin me about the NAD i completely overlooked the company! thats a serious contender!

if you Google around you will find them,I have had good vibe by email from Walrus on a set of Stax Electrostatics but I ended up buying from someone else purely due to a quicker delivery....they do the P3 it seems,
if you wanted to up the budget and dig and wait you might get a Linn LP12 somewhere.....really great turntable.....

[broken link removed]

Reilly said:
an awful pity I didn't see this some months back,I practically threw out a Planar2 before going on ebay-ebay might be worth a try.I'm not sure if Richer Sounds are still in Dublin but their web seems to indicate a mail order service from NIreland...no Rega but I see a nice NAD on line...

There are plenty of UK HiFi shops that ship to Ireland btw

Hope you get sorted out......
X Music on the Quays is a Richer Sounds outlet and will take orders and source goods from Richer Sounds up North for collection from their store. Or you can just order from the website for direct delivery.

Rega are quite popular on the Cloneyaudio website, they have a used equipemtn forum, might be worth while checking it occasionally, thats were I found mine!

thanks for the help guys. ill check out those shops but i see that walrus dont deliver:

NB: We don't sell Rega turntables by mail order - home or abroad. Personal callers only!

I think the NAD turntable is a rebadged Rega Planar 2 or 3 with a different arm ...

Back