Turning off heat but heating water

Ducky

Hi,

I've moved into a house recently and am not sure how to turn off the Heating but being able to heat the water by turning on the gas. I know in my old house, I've seen a red lever in the hot press where I could turn it one way during the summer to only allow it to heat the water.

There are a couple of knobs in the hotpress but only know that one of those is for turning off the actual water in the house. Another two are labelled "H" in marker where the last owners marked them but not sure what they're for.

If anyone has any ideas to help, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Ducky.

With mine, I just turn the thermometer to the lowest setting....water heats fine

look at the hot water cylinder, on one side you will see two pipes entering the cylinder about 18" apart and parallel, you should (but may not) see a valve on the bottom pipe, leave that alone. turn off any other valves connected on those line's of pipe and see what happens. if those parallel pipes get hot and the rads stay cool, then you've got it. Also have a look for a valve connected to pipe with a white/red/silver box on it, this is a motorised valve and will be controlled by a swicth. it the house is any way new, it should have these.