Turnberry, Baldoyle

LM26

Any feedback or opinions on Turnberry estate in Baldoyle, in terms of raising a family, being close to ameneties such as shops, restaurants & proximity to schools.

The Sutton Dart appears quite closeby and so does the coast which are on our check list, just need to know more about this specific estate and immediate surrounding area.

Any feedback appreciated. Thanks!

Hi,
Turnberry is a lovely place to live - great for familes. excellent location - so near the sea and the dart. There is a great primary school in bayside, but not sure if you would be under the catchment area for it. I don't know about other schools.l

Thanks rocket. We really liked the house but looks like it is one of those few houses that is actually priced correctly as it has an offer slightly over the asking price after first viewing so unfortunately thats heading over our budget, as we had gone to view it hoping that the asking price was high as we werent familiar with the estate. 2nd viewing is tonight so will hear more tomorrow about further offers but not holding out too much hope.

Really liked the house and estate though and good to hear about the school in Bayside. Need to do alot more research into schools!!

Thanks for your reply.

I would send you a pm, any idea if that's possible with this site?

Hi rocket, yes it is possible. If you click on my name and go to the contact info tab it gives you the option. I have sent you a pm so you can just reply to that either. You keep track of pms with the info box in the top right corner of the screen.

Thanks!

turnberry is a a safe and quiet family estate, it has a good atmosphere,however the shopping facilities are quite some distance with the superquinn in sutton being the closest and quite pricey. outside of the estate the area is very busy with alot of traffic in the mornings and evenings. the level crossing closeby causes quite a tail back in rush hour. the estate itself is good however the amenities outside of it are not as good as they could be.the problem living in that estate is that the need for a car is vital as everything is so far away.i portmarnock is the only place around there in which you do not need a car to enjoy the amenities.

Jimi, thanks very much for your feedback. That is very useful information!

Not sure I agree with everything being far away. I don't live in that estate but round the corner...in the immediate vicinity there is :
a pub
a chinese
a petrol station that sells on the basics
drycleaners
sea walks
sutton dart

There are shops, post office etc. in Sutton Cross and Baldoyle racecourse shopping centre.

There are loads of sports clubs around (can think of tennis, golf, rugby, sailing). Burrow beach is great for the kids.

The national schools are Baldoyle (which is the parish and has a separate school for boys & girls), Bayside and Sutton (both mixed - both of which told me they didn't expect to have an issue with admitting kids from the neighbouring parish - just get in touch the Jan before you want to start. ) There is also a CofI national school in sutton called the Burrow school.

There are a few secondary schools in baldoyle plus St Fintan's on the Dublin road and Santa Sabina in Sutton. And Sutton Park if you want fee paying.

Would say there is a lack of restaurants - we would go to malahide, howth or town. Creches are a bit thin on the ground though too- but there is one on Baldoyle Road, Anchor in Baldoyle, Bright Horizons in Balgriffin & then others around portmarknock dart station.

I think it is a great place to live - hope you are able to get the house for the price you need.
HTH
d

dishwasher, thanks for your post. Glad to hear such a positive review of Turnberry as I really like the estate. We really like the house there but we are so early on with house hunting and want to explore other areas like Raheny aswell before committing. Looks like the house in Turnberry will be sale agreed soon, the current bid is the same as I mentioned above and still a little out of our range but if we were further down the line in our househunt and were more sure about it then we would probably try and get it. All about timing .....but not rushing into anything as we are moving for location reasons and want to be 100% sure. Thanks again, will be keeping an eye on that area!