Turn around time for on-line Motor Tax renewal?

GeneralZod

Question to anyone that's recently renewed their motor tax on-line.

How many working days did it take them to post out the new tax disc?

about 5... great service! - plus you can print off the page to have with you in the car, to show that you have paid for it online and are waiting on it in the post

actually i was shocked. got the new tax disc two days after i renewed on line.

slightly off-point - but i've had a gripe for a while - would anyone agree:

the tax for the year is a certain price - its more expensive if you pay by six months and more expensive again for three months. this seemed reasonable when you had to go into a govt. office, queue up, sit in their heated office etc with security people, staff behind the counter etc - if you went in four times a year you were costing more than once a year - but now that its on-line - is there any justification for being penalised for paying your tax on-line twice a year or four times a year as opposed to one??????

Even ignoring the extra work required to print multiple certs a year, and the bank fees they'll pay for the extra transactions, the systems to support this functionality aren't free, neither are the people required to keep them up and running. So it only makes sense that they'd charge extra.

Renewed tax online on a Sunday and got the tax disc 3 days later. Handy service.

I also find the online tax renewal incredibly quick. I normally get mine within 3 days.

It's amazing than now you can do it without posting any of the required documents back and forth.

Thanks for the replies everyone. It seems like it's consistent enough so that I can put off payment until late this month to get 57 days free credit on the credit card and even out my expenditure.

Back