Turkey..holiday visa requirement

gebbel

I believe soma nationalities (including ours) have to pay a GBP10 (?) visa charge when entering Turkey. I can only imagine the queues after the long flight to get them. As we will be landing there (Dalaman airport) at 02.30am in the morning, this will be all the more unappealing. My question is: can this visa be got beforehand, online or whatever?
Thanks

Afraid not. And it's not 1 line that you have to wait in it's 2 ( the turkish haven't figured out yet how to get us through quickly )

You line up in 1 line to pay ( and it's £10 or €15 euro, make sure you have correct change cause they wont have, even with all the money they get, and they dont take coins )

Anyway once you have paid and you get your little sticker you then go and stand in another line to show someone that you got your little sticker!?!?!?!

4 years ago when i went we were the first plane to land since they had up graded the airport ( although when you walk in the place it wont look like it ) it took us 3 1/2 hours to get through both the lines. Landing at 3am with 2 children you can imagine i wasnt best pleased. We were the first to land but with in 20 mins about 6-8 other planes landed. I almost had a fit cause pushing into the line was accents from all over england giving out about people pushing in front of them and there's me at the back of the line, who landed first. Just be careful if you have young children and keep a hold of them....everyone is now well aware of the long delays and they wont care about anything apart from getting to the front of that line

This year it took only 30 mins and we landed in the middle of the night again. You should be ok going through that time, there were other that had landed in the day time telling us their horror stories of trying to get though, it taking up to 4 hours!!!

The line you need to get in first to get your visa sticker is on the far right, you have to pass the other line first. The amount of people standing for ages in 1 line just to be told to go back at the end of the other line and then wait again was unreal. The staff at the airport arn't very helpful.

Back