Turf - legal to burn in Dublin?

CN624

Does anyone now if there are legal issues with burning turf in Dublin? I think there was legislation brought in during the smog period to ban certain fuels? Not sure if it still applies or is enforced?

P.s I'm talking about handcut turf and not [SIZE=-1]Bord na Móna Peat Briquettes.[/SIZE]

I've just read that it's not, because of conservation restrictions.

Turf complies with the Clean Air Act 1990.

For the purposes of the air pollution acts Peat Briquettes, Turf and Timber Blocks are considered to comply with the act.

I've just read that it's not, because of conservation restrictions.
Lornfile, This statement is not correct. Can you let us know where you read it?

I need to look back through the info I looked at over the last two or three days.

There's regulations about the use of certain fuels in Dublin, Cork and most main Irish cities under the Air Pollution Act, not sure of the ins and outs but you might find something on the dept of environment website?

What two counts? That thread doesn't seem to mention them.

Although not explicitly mentioned in the thread the two counts (two sides of the same coin) are as follows:
1)The distribution, marketing and sale of Turf, Peat Briquettes and timber blocks is explicitly allowed under the terms of the CA Act 1990.
2)There is no ban on the burning of any solid fuel ( including smokey bituminous coal, Turf, Briquettes etc) in the smoke control areas.