Tuner in HDVD not picking up sound

wheeler

I bought a HDVD in Andorra with the 'absolute assurance' (not on paper) that there would be no problem using it in Ireland.

So... I can tune in stations but it doesn't pick up sound and JVC have confirmed that because it was bought in Andorra it is not set up to pick up the irish audio frequency.

Anyone any ideas if I can buy an add on or do anything to fi this?

Pardon my question but whats a HDVD that has a tuner in it? Is it a TV of some description?

unless you can manually select the country ( Ireland ) then i cany see a way out of it, are the AV channels working ok ???

Ron Burgundy said:
unless you can manually select the country ( Ireland ) then i cany see a way out of it, are the AV channels working ok ???

AV channels are fine.. no problem. I can set things up in such a way that I can record a program but I have to be watching it.

I'm connecting via scart cables.

I think what Ron meant is about changing the country settings on the DVD recorder; different countries in Europe use different broadcast systems (see Wikipedia); Andorra uses a different one to Ireland (& the UK) and unless your unit is capable of switching (for example, most modern European televisions are) then what JVC said is correct :(

Back