Tulla Co.Clare

mprsv1000

Hi there

I have been offered an old cottage close to Tulla, the house will need complete renovationing roof and all. It is on 3/4 of an acre of land. It is being offered to me at around 70,000 yoyo's. Does this seem like a good deal?
Also what is the area like for a second home?

cheers

Re: Buying in Tulla Co.Clare

cheap by comparison on the price of sites in clare.. have a look at www.gvp.ie to see what you are getting in comparison to what's out in the market..
i don't know much about tulla but the beaches in west clare are fab but a bit away

Re: Buying in Tulla Co.Clare

Tulla has grown a lot in the past few years, it has a few fine estates with large detached houses etc, people cashing their houses in Ennis, Limerick, etc and getting a bigger house in the country.
The town itself is a bit rustic, or run down looking, but has a fine restraunt and a few nice bars.

It is near Ennis and the Ennis bypass will open soon and when the eventual dual carriageway to Oranmore you would be halfway between Limerick and Galway. The R352 (ennis - Portumna is being upgraded also at the moment)
So the house is a good investment esp at that price, just be careful in case their is a prob with title or right of way etc, you know yourself if it sounds too good to be true!!
Best of luck with it!!

that sounds like bad value, give me their number and i'll take it off their hands

seriously though i would say that tulla is one of the better value small villages in clare, my friend brought an old house in tulla for 70k and now after rebuilding and extending it he's selling it for 400k+. if you dont want it, i'll take it

edit: quinn near by is a lovely spot

Cheers Contemporary

but I think I'll take him up on his offer, now I just need to find the time to rebuild the house.

Do you know of any good builders in or around Tulla?

im afarid i dont, my friend is a sparks by trade and his brother is a chippy, they did a lot of the work themselves and what they couldnt do they hired polish and brazilian lads who seemed to be in plentiful supply

Probably pretty much on the coin...

[broken link removed]

Have a good luck at it, some old cottages can be a money-pit..
I'd strongly advise having a professional take a look before going ahead with your purchase...

Cheers

had a look at the sight, really helpful to see whats what around the country especially Tulla.