Tubs of Roses Shrinkflation

charlie007

I've just noticed that these are now 550g compared to 600g last year and 660g before that.
They are also €6 a tub but I'm sure this price will fall in the big supermarkets.
Will this shrinking of products ever end??

Worse again is the really sneaky pulling a fast one was on the magnum ice creams a while back. J.R. mills into them and they (a) reduced the size of the ice cream itself (b) reduced the number in the box from 4 to 3 and then upped the price. He's costing us a fortune ;)

P.S. and no he won't eat the Dunnes Stores version with his expensive taste :mad:

Always only buy Quality Street for presents as far nicer. Did I read somewhere a while back that the sweets are not even wrapped in some of the tubs but not sure which brand.

Gave up buying confectionery for this very reason, recently had to be sent to buy m&ms for a cinema outing fir youngest, gave the bag a shake and could almost count the number of sweets on it....Needless to say didn't buy, anyone who does is a bit of mug.

The struggle is real trying to run the sugar gauntlet of supermarkets. Aisles of it, because they know you're addicted and you won't be able to not throw some of it in the basket. Price will keep going up or size come down until such time as you decide enough is enough or you find an alternative/methadone.

In the same way that cigarette companies are in the nicotine delivery business, supermarkets are in the sugar delivery business.

Worse again is the really sneaky pulling a fast one was on the magnum ice creams a while back. J.R. mills into them and they (a) reduced the size of the ice cream itself (b) reduced the number in the box from 4 to 3 and then upped the price. He's costing us a fortune ;)

P.S. and no he won't eat the Dunnes Stores version with his expensive taste :mad:

These used to be €5.05 for a 4 pack in Dunnes, but they were regularly on offer at €5 for 2 four packs.
With the vouchers this made them 50 cent per unit. Oh happy days....
Did I mention I spent 3 hours at the dentist on Wednesday?

Back