Trying to get broadband

Anto318

Hi all,

I am having serious trouble trying to order broadband in the house i'm leasing for the last couple of months. Heres the story, the landlord before I moved in had BT broadband set up in the house and wanted to transfer the account to my as I was talking over the lease. He was told by BT that a deposit of €20 had to be paid for the transfer so when we came along to transferring the account the deposit had jumped to €125 so we decided to terminate the order and just cancel the broadband. A few weeks later I got a call from BT saying that as I hadn't paid the deposit that the line was seized when I politely told the lady that I have spent weeks cancelling the broadband and that originally told by BT that the deposit that was to be paid was €20.

I eventually got the account cancelled and I have spent the last couple of weeks trying to get the necessary information to get broadband with Irishbroadband i.e. UAN.

I rang IrishBroadband then today to process the order and I was told by IrishBroadband that the line wasn't suitable as by the looks of it it doesn't seem to be active. I check the line through the eircom website just to make sure and it says that the line isn't suitable.

I just want to know where do I go from here, why would the line be not active now as there was broadband in the house previously. All that we want is broadband we don't need a phone etc so any help would be really appreciated as this is really starting to annoy me.

Thanks in advance
AM

Check out the wireless broadband providers in your area e.g digiweb, clearwire, irish broadband etc.

if you have cable in your area go for UPC who have taken over NTL and Chorus
you get tv, phone and broadband all in one