trying to find the name of an Irish Island.

dollyclare

I have a picture of an island,but no name.All that's on it is a white lighthouse with a house right beside it.One path directly from the lighthouse to the sea.That's it.Any ideas.?

Have you any particular reason to believe that the island in question exists in reality, and not just in the artists mind? I doubt if anyone could help you based on this description - Can you take a picture of the picture and post it up?

Take a look at the Irish Lights site, on the left there's a link to[broken link removed], quite a few there, should cover all Irish lighthouses.
Leo

dollyclare said:
I have a picture of an island,but no name.All that's on it is a white lighthouse with a house right beside it.One path directly from the lighthouse to the sea.That's it.Any ideas.?
Is that the funny one with the car on the c. 30m long "road" from the lighthouse to the jetty?

Hello,

If you contact the Commissioners of Irish Lights, 16, Lr. Pembroke Street, I'm sure they'll be able to help you. Good Luck

I think clubman is right.What do yyou know about it?It is a small picture /painting on a wall in an old ladies house.I said I'd try and find out for her.I suppose I could take a digi snap as suggested and post here but I not sure how.(to post it)

Back