Trying to find the Board Members for an Irish Charity

Newbie!

I am trying to locate the names of board members for a particular irish charity but they are not listed on their website nor is there an annual report or anything where the names might be included. I assume the names should be publicly available somewhere? Any thoughts as to where else I could look?

Have you asked them? You can see if it a registered charity with revenue but don't think they need to register or make public any information. Of course, I wouldn't deal with them if they weren't open about it.

At this point, I would rather not make known that I am looking for this information. They are a very reputable charity so its a bit odd not to be able to find the info.

If the charity is not a company you won't necessaryily be entitled to that kind of information. I helped set up a charity, and we I am involved in that kind of thing. A charity is not a legal status. It might just run as a group of people on a committee in the very same as a local football team for example, only its objectives are different.

If they are not a limited company, they should register the trading name.

Google is also very useful e.g something like "concern charity committee members"

If you call into their offices, you would probably find a brochure or an annual report.

brendan