Trying to find new storage heaters & installer

R

rprprp

I am purchasing an old cottage in Dublin circa 400 square feet, which currently has no heating. I am keen to get a price for the cheapest and least tiresome way of installing some form of central heating, other than oil or gas (too expensive), and would welcome any suggestions.
I beleive installing electric storage heating may be the most economic method but am having difficulty in locating a contractor to source and install the units for me. Or alterntively I would buy them myself and arrange an electrician to install.

Thanks in advance.

I thoroughly read the previous posts but found my own queries were not really addressed.
First time to post in a forum so if people have recommendations but do not wish to publish them , please e-mail them to my e-mail address.

Thanks

While the installation costs of storage heating may be lower than that of oil or gas, the running costs will be significantly higher.
Leo

Leo's point is pertinent. For what it's worth here's my 10 year record of ESB costs for a storage heated Goldshield property (more detailed description in the post).

Are Unidare still in Finglas? They used to sell direct to the public in case that helps? Alternatively I presume that most electrical wholesalers can source them for you. Shop/ask around.

Back