Trying to check in online with Ryanair

J

jennieh

I am trying to check in online but it will not accept my confirmation number-two digits and four capital letters-as far as I can see. Am I correct please. We travel early Friday morning so I assume it is not because I am trying to do it early.
The following message comes up

We’re sorry, the reservation number you have supplied has not been found in our system. Please check your reservation number and try again.
Any ideas please.

Jennie

Can you definitely check-in online? If you belong to any of the following categories you can't check-in online

• Passengers travelling with checked baggage or on the same reservation as a passenger travelling with checked baggage.
  • Children aged between 14-18 years travelling alone.
  • Passengers travelling with infants
  • Passengers travelling with mobility equipment (including children’s buggies)
  • Passengers with reduced mobility, blind/visual impaired passengers including those travelling with a sighted companion
  • Blind/visual impaired passenger travelling with a guide dog
  • Passengers who require special assistance at the airport
  • Passengers travelling from Italy to the UK (except if departing from Pisa, Alghero, Rome Ciampino, Milan Bergamo, Genoa and Verona Brescia)
  • Passengers travelling on a passport which is due to expire within 30 days from the date of travel.
  • When there are more than 9 passengers booked in a reservation.

Just two of us with one small bag each. They have sent me the email asking me to check in online. So frustrating.

Jennie

I am trying to check in online but it will not accept my confirmation number-two digits and four capital letters-as far as I can see.
Last time I got a Ryanair confirmation "number" it was 6 characters. Maybe they also use digits too? If you are getting an error when you enter your 2 digits + 4 capital letters then perhaps you simply don't have the correct code. Did you not retain the original Travel Itinerary email that they sent after booking?

That is the one I am trying to use. Sent to me by email as my confirmation code.

Jennie

I have tried both ways so I know it's the correct number. I'll wait till tomorrow and see if that is any better. Won't let it ruin my weekend break!

Jennie

I have tried both ways so I know it's the correct number.
I don't understand. Did you manage to login using either link? Not meaning to insult your intelligence but is there any chance that there's actually a digit in the code that you are incorrectly entering as a letter (e.g. "O" instead of digit "0"/zero, "L" or "I" instead of digit "1" etc.)?

Success at last :)
For some reason I could not access the check in until less than 24 hours before the flight.

Jennie

Success at last :)
For some reason I could not access the check in until less than 24 hours before the flight.

Jennie
Yes, flights are not created for departure activities (like check-in) until 24-72 hours before departure. This varies by airline.

but it says on ryanairs website that:
Online check-in is available from 2 days up to 4 hours before the scheduled flight departure time.

the thing that annoys me is that you can't check in online for the return journey until you've completed the outward flight, i know there is some logic from ryanair's viewpoint that the passenger might not show up for the outward leg and they could then sell the return leg to someone else, but the fact that there's no notice to this effect made me think that it wasn't possible to check-in online for my manchester return so i did the normal check-in and then had to go over to pay the £2 check-in fee at the servisair desk - having said that i reckon you'd get away with it as no-one checked for my receipt for the fee.

Last edited:
But :
Online check-in is available from 2 days up to 4 hours before the scheduled flight departure time.
Do they say inclusive?! I would guess that there was a technical glitch in that case. Apparently it's been know to happen with computer systems!

Do they say inclusive?!
Eh? As far as I can see it should become available 48 hours prior to departure and cease to be available 4 hours before departure according to the site. Inclusive makes no sense to me in this context.
I would guess that there was a technical glitch in that case. Apparently it's been know to happen with computer systems!
Perhaps. Just pointing out what they say should happen.

recently a group of us went over to uk for footie weekend. used online checkin. at leeds bradford airport on the return leg a very grumpy airport official sent one of the lads back to the check in line as he said the online checkin document wasn't showing up properly on his screen. as it turned out we had plenty of time but if we were running late and check in had closed ???? . the ryanair check in staff didn't pass a bit of heed and just issued a new boarding pass but she did say he probably scanned it twice and it won't scan twice apparantly. anyway I have decided for the sake of €6 when going to fuerte in feby and rome in may thats its easier just queueing up and getting a 'normal' boarding pass. could book seperate flights of course and just pay the €3 for the return only flight but its too much hassle for €3.

Back