trumpet for 5-6 year old

Rose

If this post is not allowed or in the right place just delete please. Anyone know where one could get a real trumpet for a 5-6 old for Christmas. The letter is already written to Santa. All sorts of bribes have been tried but this is what she wants and theres no changing her mind, or is it possible to get a half decent toy one. Have tried toy catalogues but havent found anything. thanks for any info.

Maybe what I should be asking is "are there smaller versions of trumpets" that a child would be able to manage

As far as I know your 5-6 year old is too young for a proper trumpet, her lungs are not fully developed. I think 10-11 is about the age you have enough puff.

Maybe Santa might consider one of these?

Thank you so much for that, I will pass the information on to the real Santa and hopefully it will be delivered on Christmas morning. Again many thanks

As a professional musican and a Music Teacher but not a brass player, may I offer some advice. Playing a proper trumpet requires the teeth of the child to be fully formed so generally children would not start until 9 at least. There may be a band in your area which might be a good entry point to musical activity. At Four years of age the emphasis should be on seeing music as fun in a games context. If you live near a good music school, they may have a Pre Instrumental course which could be a stepping stone to learning a musical instrument.

Back