True Movies and Food Network

liaconn

Are any other UPC customers a bit disappointed that, after promising to provide channels similar to the ones we lost (ITV3 and ITV4) they have instead given us a food channel and a 'made for TV' movie channel.

I can't put up a satellite dish where I live so can't change to Sky but I really feel a bit cheated after all their promises.

Not me. IMHO, removing ITV 3 & 4 improved the service. Why stop there ? Why not ITV 1 & 2 also ;) ?

The Mrs and 9yo daughter are loving the Food Network. The new movie channel seems on a par with MGM Movies, stuff you couldn't give away.

havnt seen much of quality on these new channels. I did enjoy Roots from 1977 on true movies, saw the last 2 episodes last night, never saw the series before.

Not me. IMHO, removing ITV 3 & 4 improved the service. Why stop there ? Why not ITV 1 & 2 also ;) ?

The Mrs and 9yo daughter are loving the Food Network. The new movie channel seems on a par with MGM Movies, stuff you couldn't give away.

I have to say, I'm really unimpressed with the Food Network. It seems to be the same 3 or 4 programmes over and over - Barefoot Contessa (telling us how to barbecue hamburgers and the like) ; a programme about cupcakes; fast Chinese cooking; and something about diners and truckers. It's hardly Nigella or Jamie or Delia standard.

Back