Truck Hire for house move

sabrina

Can anyone reccommend/experience a company that hire out trucks for house moves?

I'd suggest you get out the Yellow Pages and ring three local companies for a quote. One of them will almost certainly be cheaper than a Dublin firm.

When you talk about hiring a 'truck' — I presume you know that you/your partner can't just jump behind the wheel and drive one of these with a normal car licence? If you mean a large van (Ford Transit or similar), then I'd recommend www.argusrentals.com.

Thanks. we can drive a small truck within a certain group with my licence as we have looked at a few companies in dublin. I will try locally.

Sabrina,

[broken link removed] have a Mitsubishi Canter specially kitted out for house moves and it can be driven with a standard car license (B). About 320 for a weekend special.

I've priced Allen Removals, Careline and some others and they were all about 1500 just to move (3 bed semi from Dublin to West - no whitegoods). ~500 to pack it. We went ourselves - the extra bit of hassle is worth saving well over a grand.

Viking direct have cheap bubble wrap (60m and 30m) rolls.

Best of Luck,

Noobie.