Truck Driver Litter Bug: Who do I report this to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lar1973

I seen a truck driver today throw his litter out of his window today. I took his reg and i would like to report him. Does anybody know who i should report this to.

Re: Litter Bug

I am sure the company who's name on the side of the truck would love to know what image of their company the driver is giving

Ring the environment section of your local borough/county/city council, they'll point you in the right direction

If you contact local authority remember to have approximate time, date and where offence took place. If they prosocute they may call you as a witness.

So who gets fined here , is it the Haulage Company or the Driver ? How can one be sure taht the driver that threw out his litter will be found . Can LAR1973 positively identify him.
Hauliers change drivers due to holidays , certain routes , etc . I believe it is the Registration plate owner that will be fined , but would like to know for sure ?

Registered owner is responsible for the fine. It would then be up to him to recover the money from the driver.

I reported a car a few weeks ago that dumped it's rubbish out the door while parked.

I emailed the County Council and I got a couple of emails and phone calls back.

They said they would contact the motor tax office, find the owner and issue a fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back