Truck at entrance of estate.

BK2

I wonder if anyone would help in dealing with this situation or if there is in fact anything which can be done... There are two different people who park their trucks at the road at the entrance of the estate. One truck is not too big but the other is very large and it has diggers on top of it. They are blocking the road so that one car can only pass at a time and I can see an accident happening. Is this even legal? Can they park at the entrance road? It is also to be honest a complete eye sore. The estate is a nice estate well wept and not too big but when you enter the first thing you see are these huge trucks on the road. Is there anything that can be done. I am not sure if the owners even live in the estate as it is something that has only happened recently.

Thanks.

The new rules of the road 2007 state that you cannot park any vehicle within 5 metres of a road junction unless parking spaces are clearly lines out. Perhaps there are other breaches here too which could be reported to Gardai. Get enough people to complain and mention the potential accident issue.

I don't think you could complain on the basis that a parked truck (whether legal or not) is an "eyesore". The drivers are probably residents in the estate and are taking the only option open to them. At elast they don't park in the estate itself.

I know that at the entrance to my estate there is a sign with a lorry and a quote of the tonnes with an X through it. Can't remember how many tonnes it is, but I remember someone saying to me that it means only large vans can park in the estate. Maybe if you go and look you might find one similar at the entrance to your estate. It's something that you can miss if you are not looking for it!

Welfarite - perhaps I didn't outline properly but it is in the estate itself as in when you pass the gates of the estate and you are driving in they are at the entrance of the estate. I would have thought they should park it outside their house rather than at the entrance. Before they parked cars would come in an out of the estate freely now they are blocking the road so a car entering is unable to see a car coming out properly. It is dangerous. It is also an eye sore although I am aware that you cannot complain about that. It is dangerous though surely?

Yep,sounds dangerous adn if so it must be illegal. How about leaving a note on the windscreen asking them to find alternative poarking as it is dangerous to park there?

Back