Trouble with Ipod

Lin83

Hi, wonder can anyone help me with this .. my ipod is 2years old, working perfect until last week when it started skipping through the songs itself, I reset it and when it started again all the songs were gone .. restored it on my pc when I got home, songs started to sync but when it was done there were no songs on it, just my playlist titles, the music seems to be syncing really slowly and then I get a message saying it was not completed in the timeframe or something .. anyone know anything else I can do? Really don't want to have to buy a new one! Itunes software is up to date.
Thanks

a friend of mine had a problem with his ipod recently, the song/playlist/album/artist etc selection appeared on the main menu, he'd scroll to whichever song he wanted to listen to, press play and nothing happened. he has it a little over a year. gave it to a buddy of mine who works for apple, turns out the hard disk had died on him, replacement costs 100euro, maybe more. i fear the same thing has happened to yours.

they say an ipod has a life span of roughly 500 charges so maybe it's come to the end of the road. if i were you i'd go for a new one. you still have your music library on your pc so you haven't lost any of your library.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I think the previous message is quiet probaly the right answer. However the battery life of an ipod is approximately 400-500 charges not the life of the ipod itself. If the battery is seriously diminished it could be effecting the units ability to perform basic function of syncing and recognition. I check this out before I'd bin it.

Thanks for the replies to this, the battery seems to be fine I spoke to a guy in dixons who had a similar problem and he said it could be one corrupted song on itunes stopping the synching so I'll try find which one its stopping at, he also said he had a similar problem with his ipod after 3 years and apple replaced it!

I never let my ipod battery run down completely - Id use it for approx 3 hours a day and then charge it each evening........

Am I shortening the life of my ipod by doing this?????