Trouble with ATM machines -card gobbled without notice

A

ajapale

Has any one else experienced trouble at ATM machines this weekend (28th March)?

I tried several EazyCash machines in shops and after it accepted my pin and I had keyed in the amount I got the reply "We cannot complete your transaction at this time".

I then successfully completed a laser card transaction in the shop.

I next tried in a PermanentTSB ATM and got the message "the amount you requested is not a valid amount" (I asked for €20, €50). While I was at the P-TSB ATM I noticed every one else was getting the same message. I

next tried in an Ulster Bank machine (my own bank). After I successfully entered my number I got a message "your card has been retained". Yes the card which doubles as a cheque guarantee card was GOBBLED!

Since McDonalds is a cash only establishment you can imagine how the kids felt when I had go home and dust off the old cheque book and cash the cheque in the local supermarket.

I checked my account on line an every thing is in order.

Is there something happening out there in ATMland or has my card just simply been corrupted in some way?

Is the learning point: always use the card in an instore machine - they never GOBBLE the card?

Thanks,
Ajapale

Re: ATMs

Yep, got one of the "we cannot complete your transaction at this time" messages on Friday using an AIB Banklink card at a BOI Pass machine.

Took out the card, tried it again and it worked fine though....

Re: ATMs

Hi
I do not know if this is true, but I overheard in work that there were problems with the ATM network & the only amount that you could withdraw, was your ATM maximum daily limit.

atm

also, many atms ask if you request a print-out of your transaction and in my experience if you select yes it rarely prints it.
i hate banks.
a while ago is set up a SO to run weekly to keep the CU on side but the bank were transfering funds daily instead of weekly. i went into the bank to complain, saying this was not acceptable etc. and asked for €100 to be credited to my a/c for the inconvenience (i was caught short at an atm) and they said okay straight away. maybe i should've said €1000. just goes to show it pays to chance your arm sometimes.

Back