Trouble when reopening document; losing saved formatting

Welfarite

I have to submit a document with footnotes in Word2003 format. The footnotes differ from main text, which is 1.5 spaced, TNR 12pts, in that they are single spaced in TNR 10pts. The document reopens with main text ok, but footnotes 1.5 spaced. Any ideas how to fix this?

Sounds like you're using "Save as..." from some other WP program / Word version. Do you get any warnings about formatting being lost when saving or when re-opening?

Sounds like you're using "Save as..." from some other WP program / Word version. Do you get any warnings about formatting being lost when saving or when re-opening?
Yes, indeed I am. Default save is .WPS, which is no good for recipient of document. But no warning given about losing formatting. I've tried saving in RTF as well as .DOC but no use. Any 'get-arounds'?

Last edited:
You're using Microsoft Works? This will limit what you can do I think. Anything useful here? -

Cleaned up registry. No difference. Checked Microsoft for Word 2003 downloads but not sure which to download.

Back