Triton T80si flowing cold

• Thread starter tippwarrior
  • Start date
T

tippwarrior

I have a triton T80si electric shower which is six years old. For some time now its been going cold during showers but always heated up again.

Now however it doesn't heat at all unless its turned to the maximum temperature and then there is only a trickle of water from it. Even turning
it down slightly makes it cold.

I'm wondering if theres anything I can do from a DIY point of view or do I
need to call a repair man or even buy a new shower.

Have you tried cleaning the shower head, the bits of dirt coming through in the water block it and cause it to go cold during a shower as the tank in the trition over heats because it is not emptying fast enough?

Temp Cut-Off Switch

The Temperature Cut-Off Switch could be faulty.

Most Electric showers have 2 even 3 Elements. The Temperature Cut-off Switch is located on top of the tank in the T80si.

If you have a multimeter, check for continuity between both sides of the switch. If you do not have continuity, then your switch is faulty. New switch osts around €15.

Easy DIY job to fit new one.

If this is ok, then you most likely need a new heating element/tank assembly (€100 mark).

J.

Had a fault with my Triton Electric shower back in December - the Triton website gives a diagram of the showers & their spare parts - found that to be very helpful - they will not ship spares to Rep of Ireland, but there is a company in Kildare - Earthridge - referenced in Triton's FAQ - that should be able to help - I got the spare part there & the shower is back in operation.

Back