Triton Power Shower and electricity

Mack

Hi,

I recently purchased a Triton Aqualisa Power Shower and need some advice on the electrical requirements for the shower.

I have heard from some friends that have a similar shower that I don't need a seperate electrical feed to the mains. This is only necessary for electric showers.

If I piggy back it off any power socket, this should be sufficient.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct? As I have a plumber coming next week to fit the shower.

Thanks
Mack

Do not listen to your friends, or attempt any piggybacking - in your case employ a suitably qualified electrician for this work.

Thanks for the comments. I will not be attempting this work myself. Just wanted to know what sort of electrical supply is required for a power shower.

I just want to budget the electrician in, if a connection to the mains is required.

Mack

I assume you will need a pump in the attic for this type (?). Pump may be just plugged in or spured off a local circuit...hard to say without the shower spec. What do the instructions say?

There is no seperate pump, its integrated ino the unit.

See here for spec, and link to technical data
[broken link removed]

Seems to have an integral pump and valve unit which runs off ELV.
You will have to have a spur fused at 3amp to supply the transformer which will be located outside the bathroom, cable from there into the unit

No separate feed from the CU required, just a 3A fuse on the spur.
Leo