Trista's garlic and lemon mayonnaise-where to buy?

diver

Hi

I used to be able to buy yogurt-sized cartons of Trista's garlic and lemon mayonnaise from the cooler in my local Superquinn but they stopped stocking it a while ago.
Anyone see this product anywhere else recently?

Thanks!

I haven't seen any Trista products lately either. Not being smart here but have you considered making your own? It's a lot easier than you'd think and it tastes better than any manufactured version. I use Darina Allen's recipe, flavour it with garlic and lemon to personal taste and make it with good old electric beaters. Turns out well every time and it keeps in the fridge for a lot longer than the recipes say. Good luck, you can do it!

Oh yes I have made my own too for certain special occassions. I used one of Nigella Lawson's recipe's for a garlic mayo, oh my god, it is to die for.
Go on and try making your own, I'd highly recommend it!!
Think the recipe was chicken breast bites in bread crumbs with a garlic mayo dip. yum.

I think I heard that Trista's is no more by the way. can't be sure though.

You could try phoning delis around the Dundalk area as Trista's stuff was made just outside the town and no doubt would have been sold through some of them as well as the supermarkets.

Thanks guys! Looks like I'll have to go back to basics and get the old Magimix out!!

Thanks guys! Looks like I'll have to go back to basics and get the old Magimix out!!

You don't need a Magimix (unless you are making the mayo from scratch)....a garlic crush is as advanced as you'll need

Depends on your taste but I'd do about the following

Half a cup of Mayo
1 clove of garlic crushed (actually crush twice to make sure it is very pulpy)
1 tbs of freshly squeezed Lemon

Mix well & adjust to taste, best left for a few hours for the flavours to develope....you could add in some finely chopped parsley also.

Back